Thursday, February 26, 2009

My cutting diet

I'm 3 weeks into my first dedicated and complete cut, and I'd like to know where I can cut back. I want to see the brick wall abs that I can feel through the inch thick layer of belly fat now. For three weeks on this diet, my weight has been consistently dropping, and I've been putting alot of effort into keeping my caloric intake low while not starving myself. My typical week has me eating relatively clean, and I am off alcohol, processed grains, dairy, and deep fried foods, with the exception of a once a week dinner date with my lady until I reach my goal.

My workout schedule is basically I lift weights on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, do 2 hrs of gymnastics on Tuesday and Thursday, and go for a 1/2 to 1 hr trail jog (yes, in the snow) when i wake up on Saturday and Sunday.

Daily vits and supps:
Hydroxycut hardcore two on wake up, 2 at lunch or before 5:30pm workout on lift days, I'm not pushing this yet, as I'm not convinced that it's effects aren't the result of placebo.
1 multi vitamin,
1000mg vitamin C on wakeup and another 1000 before bed
500mg Glucosamine sulfate 2x on wakeup and x2 before bed
vitamin D - 1 dose
1 dose ginkgo biloba (for mental clarity)

I drink between 3 and 6 liters of water throughout the day.


Lift Days (MWF)

7:30 - 1 cup liquid egg white, scrambled with 1tsp of cyanne and 1/2 tsp of sea salt, 1cup canned pineapple(or an apple)
8:15am 1 or 2 cups of coffee, 1tsp of sugar, 1tsp non-dairy whitener
11am - can of tuna and an apple,
1pm - lunch of around 300-500 cals, usually carbs and protein
3pm - can of tuna and an avocado
(workout at 5:30-6:30)
6:30pm - isolate shake (approx 35g protein) between the weights and the steam room
7:30pm - dinner 300-500 cals of carbs and protein, (eg 120g chicken breast and 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup steamed or fresh asparagus or broccoli or both!).

Gymnastics Days (tues, thurs)

7:30 - 1/3 cup plain fat free yogurt, 1/2 cup basic muslix
8:15am 1 or 2 cups of coffee, 1tsp of sugar, 1tsp non-dairy whitener
11am - can of tuna
1pm -apple, avocado, 1/2 cup brown rice
3pm - can of tuna
7:30pm - dinner 300-500 cals of carbs and protein, eg 120g chicken breast and 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup steamed or fresh asparagus or broccoli (or both!).
(gymnastics from 8pm to 10pm)
10:15pm - isolate shake (approx 35g protein)

Off days(sat sun, I don't really do my counting on the weekends, but i don't eat garbage)
(wakeup between 7 and 10 so my diet is just staggered after that)
Breakfast: 1/3 cup plain fat free yogurt, 1/2 cup basic muslix, 1 or 2 cups of coffee, 1tsp of sugar, 1tsp non-dairy whitener
Post Breakfast: - apple and isolate
lunch - 1/2 cup brown rice and 150g lean ground beef, 1/2 bell pepper with 1/2 tsp of dehydrated garlic, 1 tsp of soy sauce and 1 tsp of franks red hot sauce
post lunch - (leftovers from the above because i can never eat it all)
dinner - cheat meal out with the girlfriend, which is usually a "double" chicken salad of some type, such as a double-breasted chicken caesar. Also, we sometimes do sushi or sashimi for this cheat meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment